Reporting FAQs

What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me? 

If your incident is an emergency or in progress, call 911. If non-emergency call 425-577-5656. 

If my crime happened in another city, can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?

No. If a crime took place outside of the City of Bellevue, please call that city’s police department.

What if this happened on Interstate 405, 90 or State Route 520?

If this took place on a state freeway, please call the State Patrol 425-401-7788. If you were involved in a traffic collision, you may report that online.

What if I have suspect information or video evidence?

If you know the person responsible for the crime you are reporting or have video evidence or other information that might lead to the location of the person, please call 425-577-5656 to report the crime. Crimes with known suspects cannot be reported using this online reporting system. 

Who can I call if I have questions about online reporting?

Call Bellevue Police Records at 425-452-6917 and ask to leave a message for the corporal who reviews online reports. Your call will be returned when the corporal is next on duty.

What is a "bias related event" incident type?

This incident type is to be used when someone “maliciously and intentionally commits [an act] because of his or her perception of the victim’s race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or mental, physical or sensory handicap” (RCW 9A.36.080).

Can I get a copy of my report?

After your report has been reviewed and approved an official case number will be assigned (example: 2018-80000234) and a copy of your online report will be sent to the email address you provided. You can also request a copy of your report from the Bellevue Police Records Department.

Where can I report a "hit and run" crash?

You may report any traffic crash, including hit and run incidents, by using the WSP online system.

What if I need to make changes to my report after I have filed it?

You are able to submit a supplemental report for both an online report and a report that was taken by an officer.In order to submit a supplemental report you will need your official online report number (example: 2018-800000234) or your officer filed report number (example: 2018-00012343)

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now